Join the Sugarloaf Mountain Athletic Club
Anyone interested in participating in and supporting recreational or competitive running in Western MA is invited to join the Sugarloaf Mountain Athletic Club (SMAC).
Founded in 1972 by Charlotte Lettis and Tom Derderian, Sugarloaf is open to runners of all ages and abilities. SMAC is a member of USA Track & Field, the premier national governing body of running in the United States.
SMAC’s purpose is to promote running as a recreational activity and a competitive sport by providing and supporting running and racing opportunities to all runners in the Valley. We welcome all ages and levels of experience, from young runners who are just learning about the joys and benefits of the sport, to more seasoned runners who can tell a race story or two.
SMAC Sponsored Activities
- Indoor “All-Comers” Track Meet Series at Smith College in January
- Five College Realtors 10-mile road race in February
- Ron Hebert 8-Mile Road Race in April
- Weekly 5K cross-country races April through September
- Organized club track workouts April through September
- SMAC Road Race Series April through November
- Youth Track League at Smith College in June
- 5K Summit Run up Mount Holyoke in September
- Organized youth track team with weekly practices December through July
- Monthly Board meetings (open to all)
- Annual Club Meeting in January
Other Benefits to SMAC Members
- SMAC members are eligible for the Boston Marathon entry lottery. Each year, the club is given ten Boston Marathon applications for non-qualifiers, to be distributed among interested club members via a random drawing.
- SMAC members enjoy 10% off clothing items at the following very cool local businesses:
- Northampton Running Company (King Street, Northampton)
- Western Village Ski and Sport Shop (Main Street, Northampton)
Ready to join (or renew your current membership)?
Print out, fill in, and mail in this form (please print clearly) with membership dues, OR save paper and postage by joining or renewing your membership online at: https://www.runreg.com/sugarloaf-mountain-athletic-club-membership-2016.
For more information about membership or to change any of your membership information, contact Ron Hebert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give the gift of SMAC membership for 2016 by completing the Gift Membership Form. Only $15 per individual or $20 per family provides a year of membership benefits, including discounts at local stores and access to our popular track workout series, as well as a subscription to the SUN newsletter. Plus, your gift supports our nonprofit organization in its mission to promote running throughout the Valley.
And… SMAC gear is always available and always in style! Order jackets, socks, cow bells, etc. by mail with our SMAC Merchandise Order Form.